Tuesday, March 20, 2012

struggle

We all struggle.  ALL OF US.  Dan calls me on pretty much a daily basis the "one man wolfpack" because 6+ days out of the week I hold down our fort by myself.  (Well, with the help of our neighbors who all seem to love my kids as their own! Can NEVER thank them enough for that!)  I used to complain.  Oh yes.  A LOT!  However, I can't really tell you the last time I complained.  You know why?  Because one day I took a break and stepped backwards and looked into my situation and thought this is my job!  It is Dan's job to be away from us for days at a time.  Doesn't mean he loves us any less or is any less involved with our kids as the ones who's children's dads come home on a nightly basis from work.  People don't mean to I'm sure, I hope, but there are times I get so sad because I feel like I am made to feel like my kids dad doesn't "love" them as much as their kids dad does because they are home every night.  Yes, my kids are missing out on their dad but their dad is missing out as well.  However, I stop feeling sad and smile when I think about how he is doing this for us!  So I can be a stay at home mom and can homeschool.  We can keep a roof over our head.  In my opinion, this is just our life and I do what I have to do and it's the best I can do.  Your opinion simply shouldn't and doesn't matter.  Pretty sure 90% of us get to choose our careers.  Almost 10 years ago I chose my job of Stay At Home Mom.  Dan 2 1/2 years ago CHOSE to become a truck driver in such a shot economy.  I never, not once, have heard him complain about his job and the things he has to do.  Yes, as I stated above, I used to complain all the time.  And not just about the things I had to do but about the people who let me down it seems, the weather, etc etc.  But stepping back and focusing on what I have to do really helped.  I had to suck it up and just do it and just ignore the people who only want you on their terms, when they are bored and lonely because their SO isn't around at that particular moment.  I have slowly outgrown these friendships because it is what I had to do to make myself happy!  It turns out THEY were sucking the life out of me, not the fact the kids need me, this zoo needs me, the house needs cleaned but can never stay cleaned.  It was them.  Good riddance!  Pretty much, I love you, friend, if I talk to you on almost a daily basis! MUAH!  And the weather?  Can't do much to change that!

So why is it too many people complain?   If you don't like something then CHANGE it!  What set me off on this rant is because of earlier I saw someone who CHOSE their career act all cocky, as usual, and pretty much put down others because we think our jobs are so hard when we pretty much have no idea what hard is because we didn't chose the career they did! Oh please!  You have never been a SAHM or a truck driver or worked in HVAC or performed brain surgery, worked in a factory.  You have no idea how hard someone else's job is until you spend a day in their shoes.  A whole day.  We're all oblivious.  We all have hard jobs!  (well unless of course you are unemployed, lol!)


 Be the job great or small do it well or not at all.

Just do!  Do your job, hard or not, and don't let people brainwash you into thinking they have it "so hard" in the same manor they were evidently brainwashed in.  Remember, even when you don't ask, someone will always throw their opinion your way.  It is your choice to ignore it or voice an opinion back.  It took me a while but I just simply ignore opinions that I didn't ask for and I try to always see the positive in a situation.  Took me a while to get to this point without struggle I admit but I worked hard for it.

So again, just do.  Do your job, hard or not, and don't let people brainwash you into thinking they have it "so hard" in the same manor they were evidently brainwashed in.  Because, I have no doubt, that whatever career it is you chose or possibly didn't choose at all, only one person can do it and that person is YOU!













4 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS! You are 100% correct and MAN did I need that kick in the pants after the day I've had! Thanks for the motivation, Char!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, 9 times out of 10 YOU are MY motivation! But you are so very welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I needed this tonight! It was a very grumpy evening, and I behaved worse than the children! Thanks for the "kick in the pants"--which is exactly what I was thinking, even before I read the above comment. ;) I've actually been planning a similar "rant" for my blog sometime very soon, but just haven't gotten around to writing it yet...and after today, it feels like I need to wait longer... Thanks for the much-needed attitude-check!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well said!! :) And btw, being unemployed was hard sometimes because it was rough trying to find a job...get interviews..and stuff. Not to mention how I felt I was burdening my hubby even though he told me to quit. :) Just an opinion!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete