Tuesday, April 10, 2012

babies.

So, had a HORRIBLE Friday night/Saturday morning.  Didn't sleep but 2 1/2 hours.  However, I did what I had to do and pretty much became someones hero that moment ;)  I am skipping the rest of the details.  Those who know me best will know what exactly went down then.

Saturday morning made up for those annoying wee hours when I get a text from someone who had been trying almost 2 years to get pregnant.  They are indeed pregnant.  Woot!   I felt honored being the first one knowing, well besides the parentals involved.  Ahhhhhh.  A BABY!

Sunday morning, my sister stopped by with my 2 month old nephew.  Ahhhhhh.  A BABY!

Monday morning a little after 7 our 3 1/2 year old buddy and his 1 1/2 month old baby brother came to play with us all day.  I held that baby boy as much as I could until 5 o' clock pm.  Ahhhhhh.  A BABY!

Opened a text earlier from my soul mate with a picture of a fortune cookie.  It read something to the effect "something exciting will happen this Saturday".  It's a fortune cookie her husband got.  My dear friend/sister is pregnant and due with her first baby, a girl, on tax day.  This Sunday April 15.  Ahhhhhh.  A BABY!


Now, I must say and clarify that after my youngest was born in March of 2008 I never got baby fever.  I never ever got it in fact.  As usual everyone around me was having babies including my sister and sister-in-law but I felt no urge to run up to my husband and demand another.  It was until January 5 of this year I caught baby fever.  A dear friend of mine gave birth to her twins, a boy and a girl.  Dang her for doing this to me.  Ahhhhhh. A BABY!  (and)  A BABY!

So...with THAT said!  As excited as I was to hear news Saturday morning, love on my nephew Sunday, spoil a newborn all day Monday, read an exciting fortune today and remember the time I finally caught baby fever  (in this case times two!)...I must say, these people, just to name a few, are very awesome and so special to me for including me in their babies lives.  I can still love babies even if they aren't mine.  I have no idea if we'll add another child.  Only time can tell.  And if it happens, I may not like it because I am content with my 4, but I also feel like I could be ok.  I'd get over the initial shock (because that is exactly what it would be...a shock!) But I'd be ok!  And I'd love every second of it just like I love every second of being the momma to the (now older) babies I already have!     


1 comment: